Vibrant and bright but most importantly – tasty. Made with potatoes and lots of other delicious and filling veggies, this flavoursome curry is sure to satisfy your hunger. Part of our recipe special for National Vegetarian Week
Coconut milk is an essential curry ingredient. Despite coconut milk tasting like it should be bad for you with its rich and creamy flavours, it actually provides us with many nutrients that are beneficial to our health. It contains a valuable fat called lauric acid that is easily absorbed and used by the body for energy. Coconut milk has been said to help lower cholesterol levels, improve blood pressure, and prevent heart attacks and strokes.
This magical liquid is also completely free from dairy, lactose, soy, nuts and grains. This makes it a perfect option for anyone with an intolerance to dairy, nut or grain based milks. It’s also vegan and great for plant-based eaters. So with that intriguing info in mind, why not try Healthista’s vegan yellow curry…
How to make Healthista’s Vegan yellow curry
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste,
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut in thick slices
- 1 large potato (sweet potato works well too), peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- ½ cup organic bamboo sprouts
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups basmati or brown rice, steamed
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add curry paste and garlic and cook, stir and cook for up to 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Reduce heat to simmer; add potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add ginger, onion, and pepper strips and bamboo; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, tamari and maple syrup.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes
- Serve with rice of choice
- Garnish with cilantro.
More vegetarian recipes from Healthista:
More Healthista content: