With news of UK’s new sugar-tax we bring you a recipe for protein-packed muffins that are packed with protein, vegan and surprisingly sugar-free. That’s our weekend baking sorted
Love to bake and looking for something healthy? These beautiful-looking vegan muffins go one step further with a punch of protein from Healthista’s Lean Energy protein powder, which is also a low-carb protein powder. Give them a go and tag us on social media with your results #healthistabakes.
How to make Healthista’s vegan sugar-free protein muffins
Time: 25-30 min
- ½ cup plain all purpose flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 heaped scoops Healthista Lean Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Line a muffin tin with 8 greased muffin tins and set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add peanut butter and unsweetened applesauce.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.