Healthista Ltd, trading as Healthista (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out how we will and will not use the personal information you give use so please read the following carefully.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Healthista Ltd of 85 Frampton Street, London NW8 8NQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit our site we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site including information provided at the time of subscribing to any services we offer, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
• We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Comments you make on our Forums.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. However, once we receive your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect your personal data. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
• To preventing and detect fraud or abuses of our site.
• To allow us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by [email, post or telephone]. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the Your Details page.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information about our subscribers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or rent your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information with third parties. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Healthista Ltd, our subscribers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.