Straight off the slopes, Olympic freestyle skier Rowan Cheshire is here to help you build strength, stability and aid muscle recovery during this five-part series of glutes and legs workouts.
To kick off this series Rowan is starting you off with a 25-minute workout focusing on building strength and stability in the legs, glutes and around the knees. This workout does not require any equipment and can be done at home.
The muscles worked are your quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves and hip flexors.
- 25-Minute workout
- Complete circuit three times
- Rest 30 seconds between moves
- Rest 1-2 minutes between circuits
- Lateral Lunges – 8 reps (each leg)
- Lunge with twist and leg raise – 8 reps (each leg)
- Single leg hops – 10 reps (each leg)
- Squat jumps – 10 reps (each leg)
Team GB freestyle skier Rowan Cheshire burst onto the international scene in 2014, when she became the first British woman to win a Halfpipe Gold medal at the World Cup level at only 18 years old. Rowan is widely regarded to be the future face of British Winter Sport, as she looks to become the first British skier ever to win a medal at the Winter Olympics.