Tasty, warm and delicious – a perfect vegetarian treat. Made with mushrooms and tofu, this tofu baguette is sure to hit the comfort food spot. Part of our recipe special for National Vegetarian Week
Tofu is an excellent source of protein containing all 8 essential amino acids that our bodies need. Tofu contains both fats and carbs and is a great source of iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1. All those nutrients and tasty too? Thinking it sounds too good to be true? Try this scrumptious recipe and see for yourself…
How to make Healthista’s Warm Tofu Baguette with mushrooms
Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 medium sized chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 small baguette of choice
- 2-3 teaspoons organic teriyaki sauce
- Tofu, 5 thin slices
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- small tomatoes to garnish
- cashew nuts to garnish.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, stir and cook/fry for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add tofu slices and simmer for 5 minutes
- Cut Baguette in two halves
- Spread tahini on both halves
- Place tofu and mushrooms on one of the baguette halves and add teriyaki sauce on top
- Place other half of the baguette on top…enjoy!
More vegetarian recipes from Healthista:
More Healthista content:
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.