Seeking to better your back muscles? In this trainer’s guide, PT Ashley Capewell from Performance Ground Gym demonstrates how to do barbell row
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for heaps of full length free workout videos
The barbell row is an upper body compound movement that improves back muscles.
How to do a barbell row:
- Begin by deadlifting the bar off the ground
- Hinge from the hips until the bar meets your knees
- Keep the chest lifted and shoulders back
- Pull elbows back until the bar meets your belly button
- On the way down control the descent
- Lower bar down until the arms are locked out completely
Would you like to train Performance Ground gym? Click here to book your consultation
More Gym Basics:
Relevant Healthista content:
Healthista content you might also like:
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.