Deadlifts work just about every lower body muscle so it’s worth knowing how to do them properly. In this trainer’s guide, PT Ashley Capewell from Performance Ground Gym shows you exactly how to do a deadlift
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for heaps of full length free workout videos
The deadlift is a full body compound movement that primarily works the lower body muscles that are the glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps. This move is also going to strengthen the trunk which is the core and lower back along with working the back muscles.
How to do a deadlift
- Step up to the bar with your feet under the hips
- Have the bar placed across your shoelaces
- Bend from the hips and the knees
- Place hands just wider than your shoulders on the bar
- Keep the tail bone and chest lifted while also keeping a straight back
- Push through the feet into the ground to stand up with the bar lifted up to the mid thigh
Would you like to train Performance Ground gym? Click here to book your consultation
More Gym Basics:
Vaguely relevant Healthista content:
Healthista content you might also like:
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.