Waffles, waffles and more waffles. But how about protein waffles? Made with protein powder and buckwheat flour, these heavenly waffles will give you all the energy you need to power through your busy day.
Buckwheat flour is an excellent source of high-quality protein that is very easy to digest. Along with Healthista’s vegan protein powder, these waffles are a perfect post-workout meal to ensure you get that important fix of protein – a perfect excuse to eat these delicious healthy waffles.
How to make Healthista’s Buckwheat Protein waffles with Blueberries
Time: 12-15 minutes
- 2/3 cups of rice milk
- 2 scoops of Healthista Vegan Protein powder SPECIAL RECIPE OFFER – purchase Healthista Lean Vegan Protein in Rich Chocolate before 31st May and get 20% off with discount code: WAFFLE20 at checkout. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for topping
- 1 cup of blueberries for topping
- Prepare waffle maker
- Pour the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add rice milk and apple sauce and stir until smooth
- Heat up waffle maker and brush a little liquid coconut oil around the base and top.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the dough mix into each waffle section and close shut (depends how big your waffle maker is though). Leave for about 4 minutes (but check the ideal time for your waffle maker, each one is different)
- Serve with maple syrup and blueberries