A fitness brand with a mission to save the environment – meet PAMA London, this week’s Kitspiration who make their clothes from charcoal bamboo
With the increasing calls to end pollution in our capital, the growing debate surrounding palm oil and the ongoing conversations about the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef – it seems we can’t turn left or click open our social media pages without reading something about the importance of protecting our environment.
That’s why this week’s Kitspiration focus is a brand dedicated to bettering the world. PAMA London was founded by Pauline Hansen and Marcella Cavalcanti, two friends that were passionate about health, wellness and fitness. But the pair wanted to create a company that was not only focused on health and wellbeing but also supported an environmentally-conscious lifestyle.They say that they have adopted the yoga lifestyle by not only focusing on what we put inside their bodies but also what we put onto it.
They’re big on yoga but say they’ve adopted not only yoga poses – but the yoga lifestyle too but focusing not only what they put inside their bodies but also what they put on them.
PAMA London garments are all made with exclusive, ethically-sourced fabrics engineered from 100 percent post-consumer materials, most interestingly their ingredient, charcoal bamboo. They process the elastane and recycled charcoal bamboo that the clothes are made from in a way that has a low environmental impact. The brand made the decision to manufacture their clothes in Los Angeles because they explain that it’s known to be an avant-garde city when it comes to environmentally-friendly production.
The gorgeous Beverly Hill leggings are made from 84 percent recycled charcoal bamboo. The other 16 percent is made from elastane to give the fabric stretchability. We love the sheer criss-cross design that runs up the leg of these leggings. The mesh is made from a combination of nylon and elastane and makes them stand out a little from your plain black yoga bottoms. Plus the high waisted band holds you together and proves that being fashion-forward doesn’t mean you can’t be an eco-warrior too.
Above: Chakra leggings £110
This orange top from PAMA London is again made mostly from recycled charcoal bamboo. The designs are simple and elegant, coming in the same shape in an array of colours. Pastel and khaki are everywhere this Spring and it seems that PAMA London were ahead of the trend on this one. Baby blues and khaki crop tops feature in this stunning eco-friendly collection.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.