One of the best back exercises is the good morning but who knows how to do it? In this trainer’s guide, PT Ashley Capewell from Performance Ground Gym demonstrates how to do a good morning
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for heaps of full length free workout videos
The good morning is a compound movement that improves the strength of your glutes, hamstrings and core muscles.
How to do a good morning:
- Place hands on bar just wider than shoulders
- Come underneath the bar with bar sitting across the shoulders
- The bar may sit slightly lower on the back than you’d do with a squat
- Step backwards, feet pointing forwards underneath your hips
- Push hips back, keep the back straight and lower chest
- Lower down until you feel a stretch through the hamstrings
- Drive hips forwards to stand back up
Would you like to train Performance Ground gym? Click here to book your consultation
More Gym Basics
Relevant Healthista Content
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.