Straight off the slopes, Olympic freestyle skier Rowan Cheshire is here to help you build strength, stability and aid muscle recovery during this five-part series of glutes and legs workouts
We’re back for part three and Rowan has a 20-minute glute activation workout, this can be done as a warm up or as part of your workout. These exercises will engage the glutes so you can use the muscle more efficiently during exercise, plus this helps if you’re trying to build the glutes.
This workout requires a resistance band and can be done at home.
- 20-Minute workout
- Two parts
- Straight leg kick backs – 10 reps each leg
- Donkey kicks – 10 reps each leg
- Donkey kick pulses – 10 reps each leg
Rest for 30 seconds and repeat two more times
- Hip thrusts – 10 reps – 3 sets – 30 seconds rest between sets
- Single leg hip thrusts – 10 reps each leg – 3 sets – 30 seconds rest between sets
Join us next Friday for part-four
Team GB freestyle skier Rowan Cheshire burst onto the international scene in 2014, when she became the first British woman to win a Halfpipe Gold medal at the World Cup level at only 18 years old. Rowan is widely regarded to be the future face of British Winter Sport, as she looks to become the first British skier ever to win a medal at the Winter Olympics.