Model and health and nutrition enthusiast Karen Koramshai, shares an exclusive snack recipe – chocolate & peanut butter protein balls
Karen Koramshai is a model and chef and wellness expert.
Passionate about self-care too, Karen has launched her first website which is full of nourishing recipes and inspiring content to help others discover new ways to live tastier, healthier and happier lives.
Chocolate & peanut butter protein balls
I love adding peanut butter to this recipe because although its relatively high in fat (115 calories per tablespoon) it’s the good kind – unsaturated!
Peanuts are very good source of plant based protein and have healthy amount of vitamin B and E as well as magnesium, iron and zinc.
These balls also contain raw cacao, chia seeds, flaxseeds and maple syrup.
Makes around 16 balls
- 300 grams natural peanut butter
- 125 grams gluten free oats
- 15 grams raw cocoa powder
- 30 grams maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon milled chia seeds
1. Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well mixed and combined.
2. Roll the mixture into balls approximately the size of walnuts.
3. As you roll them squeeze the mixture firmly to compact.
4. Place into an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Karen Koramshai is a model, chef and wellness expert. Karen aims to live the most nourishing and balanced lifestyle, for her and her family.
Inspired by her childhood in Brazil and travelling through her career as a model and Commerical Director for magazines including ELLE Paris, Karen Koramshai learned to love local food, from cooking it to its nutritional and healing properties.
Along her travels, Karen has learnt to embrace new wellness practices and fitness methods and over the years beginning to create her own network of experts within the fields of health, wellbeing, fitness, travel and beauty.
More Healthista Content:
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.