Looking for the perfect dry lip remedy? Do you suffer from cracked lips, cold sores, and chronic dryness? We tried out the new Prevasore everyday lip therapy gel that helps to create a hydrating barrier on the lips, increases moisture, and aids healing.
Cold wintery winds are enough to give anyone sore, chapped lips. But if you’re someone who suffers with chronic dryness all year round, or you’re a victim of the dreaded cold sore virus, then you will understand the struggle of trying to find the perfect balm for your lips. That’s why we love the new Prevasore everyday lip therapy.
It increases hydration, reduces dryness and lip cracking, and helps combat one of the most common human viral infections, the HSV-1 virus
What is it?
Prevasore everyday lip therapy is a lip therapy gel that is designed to increase hydration, reduce dryness and lip cracking, and help combat one of the most common human viral infections, the HSV-1 virus (also known as the cold sore), and even prevents their recurrence.
Research shows that as many as 45% of the population is reported to suffer from recurrent cold sores, which can last up to two weeks. Prevasore everyday lip therapy is a Class IIb Medical Device, and therefore does not contain any active ingredients.
How does it work?
Prevasore everyday lip therapy works in three ways, the first to mitigate the environmental trigger factors that cause cold sores to occur, secondly, to alleviate the signs and symptoms when a cold sores surfaces, and third, it encourages the natural healing of the cold sore.
Worn alone, it provides a great barrier against the elements but I also love how it’s non-greasy and dries on the lips, making it the perfect base for my lipstick, Anna Magee, Healthista.com Editor
The emollient and humectant soften and moisturise the skin on and around the lips to maintain the natural barrier properties. This helps to keep the area in good condition, and accelerates the natural healing process of chapped lips or cold sores. Although it does not counter the virus, as the virus itself cannot be treated, but it can encourage the natural healing of the lesion.
45% of the population is reported to suffer from recurrent cold sores
What is it like to use?
The gel is pale green and smells minty fresh, and felt very smooth and moisturising when first applied. I found that it didn’t leave my lips feeling greasy, or sticky. It leaves a tingling sensation when applied, and here’s the best part, it acts as a great lip primer. Its unique formulation is designed to encourage healthy lips using emollient and moisture preserving ingredients that forms an effective barrier when it comes into contact with the lips, which is why it’s the perfect base for long lasting lipstick.
it acts as a great lip primer
Celebrity Makeup Artist Jackie Tyson says that in order to get the best bold lip look you need a good base. ‘Beat the elements by moisturising and hydrating the lips with Prevasore throughout the cold snap to help prevent and treat sore, cracked lips,’ she advises.
Healthista’s editor Anna Magee has been using it for the last month, she says: ‘I am so impressed by Prevasore’s ability to keep my lips moisturised and stop lipstick flaking. Worn alone, it provides a great barrier against the elements such as wind, cold and central heating so my lips always feel moist and comfortable. But I also love how it’s non-greasy and dries on the lips, making it the perfect base for my lipstick. I also love the slightly tingly feeling you get when you use it. After 30 days, my lips definitely feel more supple and moist overall.’
To WIN a year’s supply of Prevasore Lip Therapy worth £83 just share this story on Twitter with the hashtag #liphealth (see below for terms and conditions)
Prevasore Twitter Competition | Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Diomed Direct Ltd whose registered office is Tatmore Place, Preston Road, Gosmore, SG4 7QR.
- The prize includes six packs of Prevasore Everyday Lip Therapy for the chosen winner and six packs of Prevasore Everyday Lip Therapy for an individual of their choice.
- The prize is for one person selected by The Promoter and an individual of the winner’s choice only.
- All entrants, and winner’s chosen individual must be aged 12 years or over.
- The prize can only be redeemed once by the chosen winner and their chosen individual.
- The winner will be notified through a direct message on Twitter and a direct email.
- The competition opening date is 15th March 2016.
- The competition closing date is 11.59pm on the 15th April 2016. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- The winner will be chosen at random by The Promotor on the 16th April 2016.
- The winner will be contacted by The Promotor on the 16th April 2016.
- Bulk, third party or organised group entries will be disqualified.
- The winner will be selected randomly from those who enter the competition located on the Healthista Twitter site.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the details of the prize at any time.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the competition or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the competition.
- In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from the competition, The Promoter will, unless otherwise stated in the competition terms, select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the rules.
- The Promoter will issue the prize in two batches to ensure that the products can be reasonably assumed to be used before their expiry date. The prizes will be delivered to two UK addresses only: that of the winner and of their chosen individual.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time without giving notice.
- In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.