Need meal prep inspiration? Personal Trainer Ryan Le Breton shares three quick and easy dinner recipes, perfect for your meal prep Sunday
It’s the start of a New Year, and with this comes New Year resolutions. Healthy eating resolutions are popular for many – intermittent fasting, diets, no sweets, bye bye junk food and of course meal prep.
The Healthista team loves to meal prep (not as much as we love Fresh Fitness Food convenient meal prep delivery service), but we admit we do often stick to the boring basics of chicken rice and broccoli.
In our search for meal prep inspiration, Healthista called upon personal trainer Ryan Le Breton who has a collection of free E-books, full of some of the most delicious yet easy recipes Healthista has seen in a long time.
Oh and yes you read that correctly, free E-book.
In Ryan’s own words his E-book is for people who:
- Do not enjoy cooking.
- Want to learn some quick, easy, healthy recipes to help reach their goals.
- Want to change their eating habits and get some new ideas to share with friends and family.
- Need guidance on macronutrients and portion control.
Sound like you?
Healthista has picked their 3 favourite dinner recipes that we think are perfect for your Sunday meal prep plans….
Easy dinner recipe #1 Crispy Tofu
539 Calories | 23g Protein | 51g Carbohydrates | 27g Fat | 10g Fibre
Total time: 40 minutes
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 4 (1/2-inch thick) slices
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup white and black sesame seeds
- olive oil spray
- Sriracha mayo – 4 teaspoons mayonnaise 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup snap peas, steamed and chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen edamame, steamed
- 1 spring onion,
- chopped tamari, for drizzling.
1. Place the tofu slices on a kitchen towel or paper towel. Place another towel on top and lightly press to remove most of the water from the tofu.
2. Transfer to a shallow dish big enough for the tofu to lie in a single layer.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
4. Drizzle half of the marinade over the tofu, then gently flip and drizzle the rest on the other side.
5. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 175C-350F.
7. Place the sesame seeds on a small plate. Remove each tofu slice from the marinade, allowing the excess to drip off, using a fork, dip in the sesame seeds, coating each side. Transfer to a plate.
8. Spray one side with olive oil, then gently flip and spray the other side.
9. Place the tofu on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Make the sriracha mayo.
10. In a small bowl, mix the mayo and sriracha.
11. Serve the tofu steaks with rice, snap peas, edamame, spring onion, sriracha mayo, and tamari, for drizzling.
Easy dinner recipe #2 Parmesan Chicken Breast
448 Calories | 56g Protein |20g Carbs | 16g Fat | 1g Fibre
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 110g butter, melted
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning herb mix
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 900g of skinless, boneless, chicken meat, cut into 1-inch to 2-inch wide pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 200C-400F.
2. Pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels. Patting the chicken pieces dry will help the chicken pieces have crispy breading when baked.
3. In a small bowl, stir the minced garlic into the melted butter.
4. In another bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
5. Piece by piece, dip the chicken pieces into the garlic melted butter and then dredge into the parmesan breadcrumb mixture to coat.
6. Place coated chicken pieces onto a larger roasting dish. Try to leave a little room between each piece.
7. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter.
8. Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Easy dinner recipe #3 Cheesy Vegan Quesadilla
592 Calories | 10g Protein | 75g Carbohydrates | 28g Fat | 9g Fibre
Total time: 20 minutes
Vegan, Vegrarian, Dairy Free
- 2 green peppers
- 8 flour tortillas
- 500g shredded vegan cheese
- 1 sweet potato, diced and roasted
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 100g cooked red beans
- 30g cup chopped spring onion
- 1 serrano pepper
1. Roast the green bell peppers.
2. Char the peppers over a gas burner or under a grill until the skin is blackened all over. Remove them from the heat, place in a bowl and cover with a towel or plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
3. Uncover and use your hands to peel and remove the loose skin. Slice off the stem, and remove the seeds, and slice it into strips.
4. Assemble tortillas with sprinkles of cheese, sweet potatoes, bell pepper, red beans, spring onions, and serrano, if using.
5. Fold each tortilla in half and cook in a hot frying pan for about 2 minutes per side.
6. Serve with guacamole, salsa, lime wedges, serranos, and coriander.
To download Ryan’s collection of Free E-books visit this link
Ryan Le Breton has worked in the fitness industry for nearly ten years and has seen all sorts of struggles from a wide range of individuals varying from body confidence issues, yo-yo dieting struggles and gym floor anxiety.
If you are looking to transform your fitness and live a lifestyle without a restrictive diet, Ryan will help you become more confident, fitter, stronger and still be able to enjoy a social adventure of a weekend, guilt free.
Join Ryan’s online coaching community with a group of like minded people all driven to become better versions of themselves, with full support throughout your journey.
Follow Ryan Le Breton: